Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Super Bowl XLV

Ok so I decided I wanted to write something, but I couldn't decide. As much as I love Philadelphia, its fans, and their teams, I'm not strictly a Philadelphia fan. I write with confidence about the Phillies and Flyers (cheers to Danny Briere and Claude Giroux on an awesome all star game) but I don't feel the same about the Sixers and Eagles.

It's not that I don't enjoy watching and rooting for them, I just don't consider myself a fan. I would love to write about the Celtics and Packers but our blog is called PhuckYouLovePhilly. And I feel I have a need to stick to our goal- Bias Philadelphia sports writing.

So rather than just writing about my teams I decided to write about the teams Philadelphia hates, and my teams match(ed) up against.

First, the Celtics destroyed the Kobe Bryant and his Lakers. The best stat in basketball has to be the Lakers record when Kobe is scoring. I'll give you a hint: It's not good. They're 3-7 when he take 40% of the Lakers shots. Obviously he should dish the ball off more. But anyways, the Celtics beat them pretty bad in a rematch from last years finals. And who doesn't love watching the Lakers getting beat. The Celts are the Beast of the East and the Lakers have been falling down the standings and rankings.

But the bigger story is that we can't get rid of those damn Yinzers. Is it me or does ESPN only cover the Steelers half of this game? I can't wait for the Packers to show them what we got. Steelers this, Steelers that. I DON"T F*****G CARE! The Steelers fan base is the worst in football. I can't stand them. Maybe that's just Pittsburgh in general. Why do they act like they're the greatest sports city in the world. Do they realize how terrible they've been over the course of history. It took them nearly 50 years to win a NFL championship! The Packers have more championships, a fan owned team, and a trophy named after OUR coach.

I've dealt with Steelers fans forever. My high school was riddled with them. Somehow Temple is filled with them. Why does everyone choose to be a Steelers fan when they decide to like football (especially you girls). Polamalu's hair looks like pubes. Big Ben rapes little girls. And your field is one of the worst in the league. Remember the NFL's longest game without a score? The ball stuck in the ground after it was punted.

So shut up Lakers fans, sit down Pittsburgh fans. My non-Philadelphia teams are better.

Phuck Front Runners Love Philly

J

No comments:

Post a Comment