Thursday, October 14, 2010

What the Fuck Craig Robinson? and you too, SportsNation!

Just saw this new Nike BOOM commercial, featuring Craig Robinson and Robinson Cano

I actually like the BOOM campaign, especially Rick Ross' appearance in this one. I obviously have a problem with this one cause its pro-Jankee. But Craig, you're from Chicago. You star in and got your start in a show based in Scranton, PA. We all love you as Darryl from the Office and Matheson from Pineapple Express. I don't get why you have to go to the darkside like that. On a good note, I like the commercial for one reason. I, and probably most Philly fans/passionate ass fans, have found themselves in these such situations. Nice gala event, and you're supposed to act like you don't care about the playoff game being shown on mute in the corner. I remember watching Game 7 of the Flyers' 2004 Eastern Conference Finals while at my friends birthday party in a club box at the Wilmington Blue Rocks Single A Baseball Game. Don't hate me when I'm watchin my sports.

Also, I saw a Sportsnation check-in during Sportscenter. The two anchors (who's names I don't know, which isn't surprising considering they're the Sportsnation anchors) were arguing about whether or not Brett Favre's text message scandal bullshit is newsworthy or simply a "story worth reporting" due to its "sexiness" and "juiciness." Fuck that noise. They weren't even reporting news. They were going off of Charles Barkley's comments, which basically bashed the media for making this the biggest storyline in sports. Frankly, I agree with Mr. Barkley, even though he still owes me like $12,000 in loans from back in the day. AND THEY EVEN TOOK A VOTE ONE WHETHER OR NOT IT WAS A "STORY." Thankfully, "not a story" won 58%-42%.

PHUCK PHAVRE,
LOVE PHILLY

-Sean Martelli

No comments:

Post a Comment