Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Yeah, this feels weird

Sorry, but we just don't feel well enough to post anything witty or funny or whatever today. Those Bay area fuckers are ruining my week.
I will however rant on Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. As I said at the end of the NLDS, I was not looking forward to the switch to FOX from TBS, and that still rings true. These assholes don't even talk about the game, they just blabber on about bullshit till there's a hit or an out, as if the game is interrupting their chatfest. And what's with them talking about the Golden Gate Bridge all the time? And they boned the park the whole game, yet in Philly they just show the Linc (cause FOX broadcasts Eagles games) and of course, the Liberty Bell. Cause everyone knows that's all there is to this city. Well that and cheesesteaks. I guess its kinda our fault...

But I remain hopeful for tonight. My boy Joe Blanton knows how to pitch well, contrary to the fact that his last start was pre-Civil War era. He'll hold it together. But here's a breakdown of our team's good, bad, and ugly.

GOOD:
J-Roll is coming around, and if he's leading us well, usually that's a good sign. I'd put him back up at leadoff or second.
Carlos Ruiz remains chillin, but I'd like to see him get some RBIs or something, which is pretty impossible with everyone in front of him striking out.

BAD:
Chuts. He should be under "ugly," but who can call Chase Utley ugly? Plus, I believe in him, and he usually doesn't slump very long, even though he looked horrendous in the field and at the plate last night. Especially those grimaces he was making after his error (which was eventually ruled a hit).
Polanco: Another dude at the top of the order who needs to start getting on base more and producing. Wilson Valdez could definitely play third, and hit below Chooch. Just sayin.

UGLY:
Raul: Lookin real sorry. Except for some decent play in left, he's looked awful this series. Ben Francisco might be the remedy, especially with a name like that, he can't fail in San Fran.
Werth: Something like 10 strikeouts in 20 at bats, really really bad. Get on base dude, or else I say give Dom Brown a shot.


But I feel like a traitor, insisting on sitting all these guys. I've believed in this starting lineup since the day I was born, so I believe they can pull it together. Let's fuck up this rookie BUMgarner.

PHUCK LOSING, LOVE PHILLY

-sean martelli

4 comments:

  1. Can I make a suggestion?? Valdez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking the same thing. he can hit below chooch, and maybe even start francisco. my lineup: jroll, shane, chase, ryan, werth, chooch, valdez, francisco, blanton. but thats too many righties. shows why im not charlie manuel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that i'm not the only one out here who has caught these timeless phrases from our favorite joe buck:

    The Great Cody Ross...-This after the giants pick him up solely so san diego wouldn't get another and were forced to start him. So he can hit a down and in fastball, so can I. Does this entitle me to have the great prefix before my name?

    Buster Posey is like the Benjamin Button of catching...-Honestly I don't think I evn need to say anything about this one. What the fuck does that mean and how does that apply to baseball? Joe isn't used to having his whole mouth available for speaking due to it normally being occupied by Troy Aikmens dick, but when he gets full use these are the gems we come out with.

    On a side not, anyone else notice San Fran's fans lack of ability to come up with even one clever sign?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha my favorite was "torture never felt so good" being held up by some old woman. or "ross is boss" or "boss ross".

    ReplyDelete