Friday, October 8, 2010

How the Hell Did We Get Here

This probably should have been the first entry but I think everyone should know how we got to this point. Like most of my stories in college the real motivator was a forty ounce of delicious malt liquor.


While a Hurricane instigated the move, it wasn't the cause. For about as long as ive been in school Ive been skipping by barely giving a damn. Yeah an 'A' is nice and all, but when you can get a B or C while mailing it in and boozin everyday thats the route for me (sorry mom.) The actual in class learning i can live without but in the profession of writing you should probably get some works published if you want any chance of landing a job. Other than writing for the my distinguished High School newspaper, where I would literally make up quotes to put in using my friend's names, some by phuckyoulovephilly's own Sean Martelli, i haven't done a goddamn thing outside of a classroom. I just figured it would happen one day.

This is where our Friend Mr. Forty re-enter's the story. After witnessing Roy Halladay do something ridiculous Wednesday night, something Mike Schmidt called the greatest moment in philly sports history (are you telling me if von hayes walked in right now you wouldn't know who he is?) I was filled with a little bit of gusto. It figures it would take the second post season no-hitter EVER to get me motivated, but what's a stoner to do. While reveling in the glory and mid-way through my four loco the conversation with my boys Jorgen and Sean turned to a blog.

The idea was simple; a vulgar fuck you to the mainstream media. Throw out all the bullshit you hear everyday and give honest and totally biased opinions on sports. Because isn't that what its all about? You got your team and you want them to win no matter what and anyone in the way is your enemy. There is no logic to the madness. I dont want fucking Trent Dilfer telling me I'm a bad person because I'm gonna boo Donovan Mcnabb in his return to the linc. Trent I had no idea you were dating Matt Hasselbeck....



And just so you know I was actually cheering Mcnabb from my couch when he came back thank you very much. Even if I did boo I don't want my sports coverage to give me a fucking moral lesson because of it. I don't cheer or boo for teams and players because Ive come to a conclusion logically, i do it because I'm from Philadelphia and all I want is for them to win a championship.

Maybe all this is unique to Philly or maybe unique to my friends and I. But once Sean came up with the title there was no fucking way we weren't gonna start this site. If you agree with us at all and want a laugh or two along the way then keep reading. Even if the writing sucks you can still see Claude score sick goals.



Tin Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment