Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sid "the favored baby child" Crosby

If you told me a year ago that i would start an ill humored blog regarding sports and through the first fifty posts I would write nothing about the Sidney "the bitch" Crosby--as he is fondly referred to everywhere except Pittsburgh-- well I'd say stop predicting the future and your fucking crazy.

Its time for that to end.

Last night in a matchup between two Atlantic Division foes, the Rangers and Penguins, Crosby got away with bloody murder. Ryan Callahan and Crosby were skating down the ice entangled, when Sidney sweeps his foot under Callahan and trips him (see below for video). This is called a slewfoot and a penalty in the NHL rule book, but according to referee Brad Watson this was clearly an interference penalty on Callahan. Im really not one for shortening phrases into acronyms but, WTF???

Whats even more disgraceful is Sid's post game quote. It is referencing a quote earlier in which Rangers Forward Brandon Dubinsky called him a dirty player

"How many penalty minutes do I have this year if I'm that dirty?" said Crosby, who has 15, including a tripping penalty Monday. "I mean, please. Show me all those dirty plays. It's a battle and he falls. I think Dubie has done his fair share of things out there that are questionable. I guess he's talking again. I'm not surprised."

Now i like Dubinsky's moxy but he simply made the wrong claim. He should of just said, "this fucking guy gets away with so much shit its unreal. How does the NHL and Referee Association continue to let this happen??" Then Crosby couldn't site his lack of penalty minutes as a cop-out. In fact his lack of penalty minutes is more of a sign of the cheap stuff this guy constantly gets away with. He doesn't dive as much as used too but that is not what is infuriating about him. In fact ill just make a list of what is.

1.)In post game interviews he takes himself WAY to seriously. The only thing that makes Alex Ovechkin somewhat tolerable to me is he sees Hockey for what it is--a game. When Crosby does his post game interview he talks as if he is a prince describing how he won a recent chess match. He just carries this aura of, "Im fucking better than everyone else." Go out and smile after a win and be pissed after you lose, dont be an emotionless puppet.

2.) He lived with Mario Lemieux till he was 21. Now this is just sad. Most NHL teams have a employee who stays with younger players and helps guide them, but when your living with the team owner for three years it says something completely different. Lemieux wanted to craft Sid's public image and to make sure he didn't get any trouble. This pretty much means Lemieux has been Sid's mom for three years. I can just see him asking Lemieux permission to go out. "Hey Mario I was thinking maybe I could go and hang out with evgeni tonight. He just got a wii and i was wondering if i could sleep over..." Of course that was a lie. Once he got there Malkin would buttfuck Crosby for hours.

3.) He owns the Flyers. Ill admit it, most of my hate is borne from his dominance in Philadelphia. Although, for the record, I think that will come to an end this season.

4.) He is the only NHL player to get any airtime in commercials or Sportscenter. The other week he 'magically' shot a puck off the side boards in a shoot for a reebok commercial. It was the ONLY play that hockey got that day on Sportscenter. This a joke especially considering that almost all NHL players could do this. Plus this is way more impressive.

5.) Pittsburgh. Enough said.

I could probably go on, but writing this much about a player that embodies everything i hate about sports is depressing. Anyhow I will be attending the 76ers game tonight, my first one ever believe it or not. So look for me on TV ill be one of the five people in the stands. Im the white one.

Phuck SIDNEY CROSBY love philly

Tanner Johannsen







2 comments: